Sunday, August 20, 2023

 

Boating!

 Wow! Lots of great responses this week.

We had this from my Mom:
 
At eighty-six it's
hard to board a boat. I will
accept any help.
 
And TallTenor! It's been too long:
 
See if I can bounce
the innertube full of kids
so they make a splash!
 
No-Caps IPLawGuy chimed in: 
 
kayak or canoe
or rowboat sounds wonderful
bigger? Money pit!
 
And one from Desiree, that made me remember good moments in a canoe:
 
Cutting through the glass,
we sit on the water, while
paddling at sunset.

Jill Scoggins wrote a gem:
 
Our pirogue’s outboard
putt-putts us down the moss-hung
muddy Calcasieu.
 
And this from Christine (but... you canoed to Frankenmuth?):
 
As a teenager
We canoed once each summer
Then to Frankenmouth.



Comments:
FYI:

That canoe trip remembered by Christine also included some incredible speeding. I remember a certain lifeguard a few years older than us going 90ish.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#