Monday, July 03, 2023

 

Bursting from the earth...

 I asked for poems about what's growing, and you all delivered!

Thanks for this one, Mom:
 
Seeds for tomatoes
were planted late, but I see
five blossoms. Hooray!

And this poet seems justifiably aggrieved (plus, "snarled" is the perfect word):
 
Growing, thriving. When --
"Sunflowers?! Ha! In your dreams!"
Snarled the squirrel.
 
Desiree knows a thing or two about plants (but shouldn't live in MN):
 
Okra demands warm
ground and so do I. We both
thrive in the summer. 
 
As does Christine (and this is one of my favorite poems you have written):
 
Bee balm standing tall
Hummingbirds dart amongst the
Pollen laden blooms.
 
And Jill Scoggins (who's teaching me about new plants): 

First summer in new
house. Catawba, loosestrife, mock
orange blooms surprised me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#