Friday, June 23, 2023

 

Haiku Friday: The Art That Moves Us

 

I have this painting up in my office. Actually, I have it's fraternal twin; my dad did two studies of the same thing, and they are slightly different. It hung up on the porch, and got a little damaged in the weather. I'm keeping it that way; somehow it seems more whole with that part of my life-- those summer evenings on the porch-- marking it.
 
We all have a piece of art that moves us. Let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:
 
Blue goes on for miles
Like a summer sky, water
Blue, but not the blues.
 
Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!

Comments:
I will Haiku later today. This painting is lovely and would have been on my short list when I was selecting in your parents backyard.
 
Not one favorite
evoking moods, memories,
and special places

 
Four bears dance across
the canvas. A children’s book
painted by my son.
(Desiree)
 

Painting of Yolaine,
all the colors of Provence
show her pensive mood
 

Two friends and forty
painting-poems pairs. Spring fling!
Crossroads Art Show.

(In April I got to be part of an art show with paintings by my friend Nan Henke and poems by me. We had a ton of fun. Here are a few of them: https://www.nanhenke.com/viewcollection/191416)
 
Jeu de Paume, Paris
First time I "understood" art
Impression was made!
 
Art that moves- music
Little Richard to Johnny Thunders
My backbone will twitch!!
 
Zurburán bodegón
Con cuatro cacharros es
Cuadro perfecto.
 
I know no one will know this work, but if you google it, it comes right up. It’s in the Prado here in Madrid.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#