Sunday, May 28, 2023

 

Sunday Reflection: The Eulogy

 


Today I will be giving the eulogy for my dad. It's going to be a long and hard day, but I am sure there will be moments of joy. If you are interested in coming to the memorial, it will begin at 3 pm at Grosse Pointe Congregational Church.

How long will the service go? I don't know. But the best things have mysteries.
 
I'm also not totally sure what I will say. That's because I always leave a hole in any important talk, a space for the holy spirit. Maybe that hole will be filled, perhaps not.
 
I wish I new what to say when people ask me what I am feeling. The answer, honestly, is everything at once, every emotion possible all tangled up together. I don't imagine I will untangle it by three. But maybe that's ok.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#