Thursday, March 16, 2023

 

Update

 

As I mentioned here a few days ago, my dad suffered a major heart attack on Friday of last week, and nearly died (well, technically, he was dead for a while before being revived). 
 
He remains in the ICU, and his condition has been up and down. The peak was on Sunday, when he was communicative and funny and seemed to be coming back. Since then, there have been some setbacks, but there is still hope for a recovery and the doctors, nurses, and other people at St. John's have been working hard. 
 
It's a difficult time for my family, of course, but we are pulling together and doing our best to support my mom.  Yesterday, his friend Luis Resto came in and played the accordion for him.
 
There is a certain helplessness to all this that is difficult for us all, but most of all for my dad. He wants to get out of bed and drive home, and that is not in the near future.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#