Monday, February 13, 2023

 

SO Many great haiku!

 

Wow! On the topic of "Dinner Goes Awry," you all really delivered!
 
I had to love the dialogue between my parents. First my mom:
 
Meat goes on the grill.
He goes back to his easel.
Flames rise as steaks burn.

Had guests for dinner.
Pipe broke upstairs and water
Gushed through the ceiling.
 
Then my dad's response:

"Are the steaks ready?"
"Really ready", I reply.
"Charred to perfection".
 
Heather Garcia had three:
 
Hello, ladybug!
I wasn't expecting you.
New hamburger, please!
 
"Make the veggies snug."
Yet my pan was much too big
Smoke alarm screams out.
 
Awry? Take your pick
Bloody fingers, raw chicken,
Salt surplus, or burnt.  
 
Jill Scoggins made the best of it!:
 
The spaghetti was
a botch but we ordered in
and then made out. Swoon!
 
As did Craig A (I like old lasagna!):
 
Late hockey practice,
Nothing but burnt lasagna
In Frosh dining hall.
 
IPLawGuy did, too:
 
Meal- a disaster
The wine, however was great
As were laughs and love.
 
Carina made a mistake:
 
Queen of substitutes
Red wine for beef stock in sauce
Made mauve meatballs—oops!
 
And so did Sleepy Walleye:
 
There's no excusing
Undercooked talapia
Can't be called sushi.
 
And the Medievalist:
 
Are those things fish sticks?
No fish was ever born that shape.
I will go hungry.
 
And, oh, poor anonymous!:
 
Salmon: dry, tasteless
Asparagus: overdone
Last night's failed dinner.
 
While Your Tim(e) Has Come, to round it all out, avoids the whole thing: 
 
Weird Al tells our tale
Trapped in the Drive-Thru describes
Our nightly routine.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#