Wednesday, February 22, 2023

 

Snowed In

 

Yesterday, I celebrated by birthday by speaking at this conference which was held in the atrium of my law school. At lunch (during a public Q & A) I was able to ask former US Attorney General Eric Holder something I have long wondered about: Why didn't he take marijuana out of Schedule 1? The statute lays the decision at the feet of the AG (in consultation with the head of HHS).
 
He hemmed and hawed a bit, agreed it shouldn't be there, and then threw President Obama under the bus by claiming that politics above his level prevented it. The AG reports to only the President, of course, so it was an odd claim given that it is hard to imagine Obama having a strong belief that marijuana should be in schedule 1.
About 2:30, big flakes of snow began to fall outside the big windows. We all knew it was coming-- for days, forecasters have promised about two feet of snow here by Thursday.
 
I have firewood. I have snacks. Classes will be online, and I have a bunch of notes and my computer. 
 
In the end, it's just Minnesota being Minnesota....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#