Monday, February 20, 2023

 

On weather of February

 Ah, such a harvest! I will review this weeks poems, going from South to North:
 
From the Medievalist, in Texas:
 
 Sunshine and cold fog,
Texas weather is nutty,
The north wind, cruel.
 
From Christine in North Carolina:
 
Magnolia blooms
Caught my eye other day
Way, way too early

Daffy's and crocus
Spring from their earthen lairs
Making me hopeful.
 
From Jill in Louisville:
 
Back steps' snow must be
swept in daytime or icy
treachery awaits.
 
From Desiree in Virginia:
 
The cold rain dampens
my mood. My skis sit unused,
with no snow outside.
 
From my parents in Michigan:
 
February gives
reasons to leave, cheap fares and
early spring somewhere.
 
And from Minnesota, we have Tim:
 
Minneapolis
Winters mean big bucks for the
Airline industry.
 
And (I suspect) this anonymous entry: 

Snow, brilliant blue sky
Frigid air. Sparkling landscape.
Our world is washed clean.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#