Thursday, December 01, 2022

 

The Secrets of Trump's Taxes

 


I joined Truth Social, Donald Trump's Twitter clone, largely because I missed getting messages like this one, from today:

"Our great Senator from Alabama-- thank you Tommy Tuberville!"

This love not to America's least effective Senator was posted atop Tuberville's own "Truth," which declared Trump was "the leader America needs in 2024." Which I kind of like, because it implies that we don't really need Trump for the rest of 2022 or all of 2023 (a sentiment I agree with).

The Treasury Department, pursuant to a court order, finally provided Trump's tax returns for the past six years. We don't know what is in there (yet), but earlier leaks suggested he paid little or no tax for at least some of those years. Trump's take on that has been that not paying taxes shows that he is "smart."

Now we will probably learn more. I don't understand taxes very well, but I suspect there will be some interesting deductions....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#