Tuesday, December 20, 2022

 

The Comeback

 


I had a restful pre-holiday Saturday last week. I did some Christmas shopping, came home and flipped on the Vikings game. It was halftime, and I was shocked to see that the Vikings were down to the Colts 33-0. It was a terrible blowout already for what has generally been a pretty good team (in fact, with a win, they would clinch the top spot in their division with several games to go).  

So I fell asleep. It was a pretty good nap, and when I woke up the score was 36-21; the Vikings had managed to score three touchdowns somehow. I sat up. They kept scoring. In the last few minutes of the game they tied it up somehow, 36-36.

The game went into overtime, and the Vikings won, 39-36. It was the biggest comeback in the history of the NFL. 

Immediately, I thought "I'll bet a lot of people left at halftime." Actually, when they showed the crowd, it didn't look like that-- it was still pretty much a full house. And they must have been glad they stayed! 

I'm not big on "lessons from sports," but it's hard to miss the one there.

Comments:
Winston Churchill: "Never, never, never give up."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#