Monday, December 26, 2022

 

Storm poems

 I'll be honest-- I was surprised to see this from Craig A., who is from Boston (where they typically bust through snowbanks in a rear-wheel drive sedan with the windows open):

Floormat frozen with
ice, driving with gloves and hat.
Damn seat-warmer broke.

Desiree needs to move a little further north:

Waxing up my skis,
But it’s an ice storm, not snow.
Fun will have to wait.

Christine is is a similar climate (one state to the South):

Dog walks suspended...
Until further notice I
Am staying inside.

And IPLawGuy has a question:

Wait? It has a name?
Since when does a winter storm
get a moniker?

Comments:
Mark, memories from my 8 years of living in Up-State NY. Truck floors mats were frozen with snow from Nov. to March; only thawed-out with long drive. Temps were often in single digits as I headed off at 5:30 AM to open the rink and coach HS hockey. Same after night games. And the snow drifts! That said, true about Boston
 
Oh, right! Man, that area in Upstate NY got pounded last week. The are equipped to handle snow, but that was overwhelming.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#