Thursday, November 24, 2022

 

Thanksgiving

 


This is the 17th Thanksgiving since I started this blog. And every year, one way or another, I say the same thing: that this is my favorite holiday.

I love the simple theology of it-- gratitude. That's something that turns us towards joy and humility, and those are both very good things.

I love the things that define it: gathering with the people we love, cooking and eating together, a long walk on a short day.

I love the fact that somehow no marketer has found a way to commercialize it beyond the traditional foods we eat.

I love you all, and the fact that for 17 years now I have been able to write pretty much whatever I want, confident that someone will read it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#