Monday, November 21, 2022

 

Poems of the outdoors

 

My Dad wrote a haiku that is so true. The picture above shows why I would do this-- there is no light like that coming from those you love. Here is his poem:
 
Mark would go outdoors
and look in at the warmth of
our Christmas dinner.

Christine wrote, too:
 
Morning, late autumn,
Trees stand bare against the sky
Early light, sun rise.
 
As did Desiree:
 
Outside the classroom
Through my window, I see where
I wish I could be. 
 
And the Medievalist:
 
Long absent cool air,
And floods the space around me,
Take off my jacket.

I loved this one from Craig:
 
Gather morning press,
Moon and stars in late fall sky
Light the dark driveway.
 
And we got an intriguing anonymous entry: 
 
The dying sun at far
The shining star staring at her beauty
Talked to her with compassion. 

Comments:
Have always loved the photo you posted. Has the feeling of a Norman Rockwell without being able to see the people. It emotes a feeling and allows one to imagine what might be happening within the subtle light.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#