Sunday, October 16, 2022

 

Sunday Reflection: Escape

 

This was a week where I shifted gears a little. At work, I carved out time to write-- which means I closed my door, got deep into the words, and lost myself a little in the subject. I walk around and mutter and then type some more. 
 
And then there was some time in the woods. Minnesota is good that way.
 
It's common for people to talk about that kind of escape as getting closer to God. Of course, God is there wherever you go, and whatever you are doing. You don't control God, after all. Perhaps it could be that when we escape we have more ability to perceive God, but that doesn't speak well to what we are doing the rest of the time, does it?
 
But I do know that life is meant to have cycles, long ones and short ones, and that rhythm between engagement and escape is something writ into our blood.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#