Monday, October 17, 2022

 

IPLawGuy and his many cars!

 Ah, first cars! I knew IPLawGuy would jump in with both feet. And he did! Once:
 
I got Dad's Cricket
a crappy English Hillman
Plymouth's "first" small car.
 
Twice:
 
Short Fall College Break
Drove back in Mom's old Wagon
Beat up Satellite.
 
Three times!:
 
Took College grad money
Bought a Decent Dodge K-Car
Fancy 400.
 
As did Desiree:
 
Haggled with my dad
To buy my cool new Dodge Colt.
Dog riding shotgun.
 
And Anonymous:
 
‘70 Pinto.
I was hit from behind. But
no explosion! Whew. 
 
From my Dad, something I did not know!: 
 
In 1950
dad bought an Olds 88
He sure loved that car

College senior year
just like a Norman Rockwell
painting he handed

me the keys and so
much more. Most important car
that I ever drove.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#