Friday, October 28, 2022

 

Haiku Friday: Cartoons, etc.

 


I've been reading the comics my whole life, though it makes me sad that they have made them smaller these days for some reason. 

When I was a little kid, I came across an old Peanuts strip with three panels. In the first one, Charlie Brown is talking to Snoopy, saying "You dog." In the second one, with the same art, Charlie Brown says "You cur." and then in the last panel, he tells Snoopy "Oh, you dog." I've been thinking about that for half a century now, and I'm still not sure what it was about. I mean... was that funny? Or was there some deeper meaning? Or, was it just an off day for Charles Schultz?

Anyways, let's haiku about our well-drawn friends this week. Here, I will go first:

Snoopy was like me
Loved to dance and imagine
Did not seem owned.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!



Comments:
Moma got my name
from The Jackson Twins. Made me
feel I was special.

[https://www.google.com/search?q=%27the+jackson+twins+comic%27&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALiCzsa_SX6T7MOzG5uq231uMW_zaJ2VnA%3A1666966304412&source=hp&biw=1536&bih=722&ei=IONbY7qdE_-ekPIP89OQ-AU&iflsig=AJiK0e8AAAAAY1vxMPtyE7b7ZQEYTyO69RWqsD-J-cI1&ved=0ahUKEwi6ra-zjYP7AhV_D0QIHfMpBF8Q4dUDCAc&uact=5&oq=%27the+jackson+twins+comic%27&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoICAAQsQMQgwE6BQgAEIAEOggIABCABBCxAzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6BggAEAgQHjoHCAAQgAQQGDoECAAQHlAAWLogYPghaABwAHgAgAGsAYgBiA-SAQQyNC4xmAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img#imgrc=ESKzN-qlPKB1EM]

 
Bill Watterson saw
My kindergarten picture
I'm Susie Durkins
 
I loved "Nancy!"
Like a tiny Bea Arthur
But, wow, Sluggo....
 
Anonymous #1 Continued:

And as an adult,
I grew to be Calvin's mom.
My life, in comics.
 
Katzenjammer Kids
Gasoline Alley, Mutt, Jeff
Little King. All gone
 
The Patterson Fam
of For Better or For Worse
Very funny yet real
 
Poor Richard Thompson
Wrote the awesome Cul de Sac
Cruel Parkinsons.
 
Just because its weird
The Sunday Post now features
of all things, Popeye!
 
Michael Doonesbury
Spoke to me: smart buy awkward
Struggling to fit in
 
Zippy the Pinhead
Leapt from National Lampoon
to Washington Post
 
Lampoon's comics
were subersive and naughty
Kids now don't get it
 
Opus the penguin,
Is living in Bloom County,
And Dandelions.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#