Tuesday, September 13, 2022

 

I still love radio

 

 
When I was in college, I spent four years working at the William and Mary student-run radio station, WCWM. In fact, that's how I met IPLawGuy-- he was the station manager when I was a freshman hosting a show from midnight until 3 am on Saturday nights (it should have been called "For the Drunks Out There Driving Home").  
 
I still love radio, and it's my favorite medium to work with as an advocate. Yeah, yeah, I know-- I have a face for radio-- but there is something kind of magic about it. My great-grandparents were a part of the founding of one of the the first radio stations in the US, KDKA in Pittsburgh.  
 
Yesterday, WCCO asked for an interview about my work on violent crime, so I walked over and did it it person. (You can hear the interview here). I have listened to and enjoyed Adam and Jordana's show, so that was an easy 'yes.' It's great to do it in-studio, both for audio quality and visual cues, and I like seeing how it all works. Usually, of course, I have to do them over the phone-- in fact, I once did one with Audie Cornish on NPR's "All Things Considered" from behind the lodge while IPLawGuy and I were out west skiing.
 
There is too much information overload sometimes, and the fact that radio offers just one sensory input is a way to get away from all that! 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#