Sunday, August 07, 2022

 

Sunday Reflection: Work in Progress

 


The photo above includes-- in the background-- something that you can spot in a lot of the photos of that spot: an unfinished painting that my dad is working on. 

Sometimes, usually perhaps, it is the unfinished things paintings that I am most drawn to.  I imagine what will be added or modified; in the end I am often wrong (my dad is still full of surprises).  The lines are there, but the character isn't fully emerged from the canvas quite yet. 

In this picture, that is a contrast with the foreground. The flowers are perfect and complete. That tableau is after a meal, not before, and just a napkin is left on the table. That scene is finished.

It's hard to think of those around us as unfinished, but I think that view is crucial to loving them as Christ commanded.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#