Wednesday, July 06, 2022

 

Trouble

 


Maybe it's just me-- but it seems like people were a little less enthusiastic about the 4th of July this year. It seems like shows of patriotism, even flying flags, is seen as a political act in support of the right now. What poison that is! 

I went to the parade in my town. There were lots of bands, and veterans, and many politicians (including Amy Klobuchar) walked down 50th Street surrounded by supporters and an arrow pointing to them with their name. 

One guy was yelling to the crowd "wave your flags!" but hardly anyone had a flag. There were three Boy Scouts. 

The biggest group was "Moms Demand Action," which tells you something-- I was glad to see them. 

But I fear we are losing the things that held us together.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#