Monday, July 25, 2022

 

Our Insect Friends

 


Wow! There were some great poems about insects last Friday! This classic from my dad:

I will again this
summer donate my blood to
local mosquitoes.

We will give sweetness
to all of the visiting
butterflies once more,

I am willing to
lose some bits of my ankles
to vicious black flies,

We will excuse the
wasps, hornets, honeybee stings
as being our fault

but when no-see-ums
fly into my eyes when both
of my hands are full

I rethink all of
my thoughts about the goodness
of mother nature.

A great one from Dr. Daniel Price:

Crickets, honeybees,
and moths--from omnipresent
to wholly absent.

We do have spiders
that the old cat eats, keeping
the vet in clover.

And from Michimom:

At dusk on the lake
a dragonfly drifts through a
cloud of mosquitoes.

There was a strong anonymous entry:

I do love crickets
Musicians of the summer
Singing to us all.

And, of course, we heard from Desiree (who has a Ph.D. in, um, insects):

Cicada summer
brings magical creatures to
the surface with us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#