Wednesday, July 27, 2022

 

Old Clothes

 


As I was hanging things up in my closet the other day, I realized that I haven't bought any new clothes (other than wear-and-tear items like socks and a few emergency shirts) in at least a decade. My suits, with two exceptions, are from the last century. So are most of my jackets and even my summer polo shirts.

I'm not saying this in a way to show that I need new clothes-- I don't. I have plenty of good clothes. But I suppose I got to a point where I just didn't want to get anything new. I'm hoping that what I have is classic enough-- simple shapes and forms-- that it won't matter.

Of course, other people may see things very differently than I do; they may notice. But I don't really care. 

My parents found a wooden bowl in the basement. It is a rarity, made from a single piece of wood. The bowl is a little dinged up, but beautiful. They brought it up and gave it a place of honor on the porch, where summer is lived. How good is that?

Comments:
I have lots of very 'old' clothes. Nothing wrong with it. I buy some new tops on occasion or a pair of used jeans at a consignment shop. Mostly just new shoes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#