Wednesday, June 08, 2022

 

Writing

 I'm on the other side of a hard transition.

Teaching is social, enmeshed with other people. For an introvert like me, it means having to get yourself psyched up before you go on stage, steeling yourself for something that feels unnatural.

But then classes end for the summer. It's suddenly quiet, and it is time to write. That is where I am right now-- deep into a new article that is due quite soon. I find myself losing track of time, pacing back and forth in my office, talking to myself-- and I love all of that. That's pretty much what I will do the rest of the summer.

And then the wheel will turn again. In September it will be time to get back on the stage, to inform and entertain (you can't be a good teacher unless you do both). 

But not yet. And I'm glad for that.

Comments:
The rhythms of life
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#