Monday, June 13, 2022

 

Summer reading, celebrated

[This week I commissioned poems for some of our regulars who did not get around to it last week]. 

Desiree, I worry:

I pick summer books
the way I pick wine. Look for
a dog on the front.

The Medievalist was here:

Mostly I read books
About football. I love them.
Sometimes, in Spanish.

Meanwhile, Jill Scoggins has more conventional taste:

John Grisham is my
go-to choice for summer reads.
Perfectly balanced

'tween thinking about
the plot and having cocktails
while reading the book.

Now: “Sparring Partners.”
Three novellas. Great backyard,
beach or lake-side read.

IPLawGuy, with some brutal honesty:

I see all these books
But I don't buy them! 'Cause I
Don't know how to read.

As does an anonymous reader/writer:

Jennifer Weiner
Never disappoints her gals
New book each summer!

Christine, making me think about the Shores Park!:

Left on the counter
At the Shores Park, dog earred
By all the lifeguards



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#