Wednesday, May 18, 2022

 

The Week of lots of stuff

 


This is a jam-packed time of the year! Sure, lots of grading to do... but lots of other stuff, too.

Yesterday I was sworn in as a member of the Minnesota Bar. Because I do federal work, I just maintained my Michigan Bar membership, and then was licensed to practice in the US Supreme Court, the WD of Texas, and the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 8th & 9th US Circuit Courts of Appeal. But... it's looking like I may do some state work, so I hunkered down and did the (amazing amount of) paperwork to join the bar in Minnesota. I also had to take a test for the first time in 30 years-- the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam-- which was a little nerve-wracking. But now I am in!

Then tomorrow I will be testifying in Congress-- the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism & Homeland Security is having an oversight hearing on clemency, and I'll be the first witness (after a separate presentation by Rep. Ayanna Pressley). It's a fascinating committee, and I expect it to be a very interesting morning! The video will be available at the Youtube channel above.

And on Sunday, I will be giving a sermon at 1st Covenant Church here in Minneapolis, at 10 am. As always, all are welcome!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#