Sunday, May 22, 2022

 

Sunday Reflection: One great truth

 This morning I'll be giving the sermon at 1st Covenant Church in Minneapolis, at 10 am. I've got a lot of leeway on these things, and I will be preaching from Mark 16:


There is a lot going on there, of course. But since I was a kid I have been captivated by the young man in the white robe. We don't see him again. It's unclear if he is an angel or not, but I've always thought of him as an 18-year-old kid. What's compelling about him is this: he has one truth. He knows that Jesus is gone, and that they should go to Galillee.  It's not a complicated truth, really. Jesus left. That's pretty much it. But it is a really important truth.

I've always thought that we should aspire to that: have one truth and let it be known. It will be different for each of us, probably, at least in inflection. But we all probably should have at least that one great truth that we can share. 

There are people in power with not great truth in them, not even one. And there are some people who have one great untruth; we saw that last weekend in Buffalo. 

What's yours?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#