Sunday, May 08, 2022

 

Sunday Reflection: On Abortion

 


Today I have a piece in the Waco paper about abortion, because I'm an idiot-- there is no way you can write about that without making a lot of people mad. It's all land mines. Of course, that's kind of my thing. You can read it here.

Abortion comes down to when a person thinks life begins-- or if they don't really know. For some people, that belief comes from faith, but I just don't see an answer to that question in the scriptures. I have seen the arguments of others, and they haven't convinced me. 

And what about those who don't really know? Well, in the US we usually err on the side of liberty. 

When I wrote this piece, I knew that most of the people who read it would disagree with me-- it is the Waco paper, after all. I structured it with that in mind. So much of what I read about this is people venting rather than arguing. There is a place for righteous anger, but it is rarely good advocacy; it drives people away rather than affecting their views.

I hope you will read what I wrote, and understand where I am coming from.



Comments:
Amen! And rest assured, Jesus agrees with Mark!

How can any 'compassionate person of faith' not wish to pour all of their passion and efforts into acting upon, and expanding upon . . .

"What would be more likely to lower abortion rates dramatically would be 'continuing and accelerating' efforts to lower demand for abortion. That means access to sex education and contraception, support for poor families and expectant mothers, and free health care for those who take a child to term. More generally, it means creating better educational opportunities and job equality for women and girls."

Does anyone, ANYONE, believe when they are called 'Home' by their Heavenly Father and they must answer for their purported 'Life of Faith,' they will be lauded for their efforts to restrict conception and ban abortion . . . having NOT responded with love, compassion and resolve . . . no matter how difficult the challenge may be . . . and having not exhausted every opportunity to respond to what Mark has mentioned in his 'Waco Tribune-Herald" article.

Please inform me . . . where is Christ in 'either' of the polarized extremes of the Pro-Life and Pro-Choice Movements?

Thank You, Mark!!!


 
Excellent piece Mark
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#