Monday, May 09, 2022

 

Poems about pets!

 What a nice respite from a grueling news cycle! Thanks to you all.

Desiree the dance major, of course, checked in:
 
Chuck the dog, good guy.
Always spoiling for a fight.
Twelve pounds, big spirit.

Twyla, named for Tharp.
Danced into our lives. She guards
the house from tigers.

And I am partial to my Dad's (which is true):
 
Charlie's eyes told me
I am not just a cat friend
I am family.

This anonymous entry involved an aloof kitty:
 
My sweet Taffy Anne
Beautiful and elegant
Everyone agreed.

So she enjoyed a
Drink from the toilet sometimes
She was still purr-fect.

Dr. Daniel Price had a great story:
 
Flex Impetigo:
he of the "undignified"
name and noble spirit;

the cats who knew him
or knew him not, still respect
the void he filled here.
 
And a sad one:
 
They said "he never
stops purring. We cannot hear
his heart." No matter,

we knew already
that his heart would be the last
to go, even as the

terrible cancer
swiftly claimed him. Did he know
why he felt better

only in the make-
shift oxygen chamber? That
we kept him at least

less miserable
just so his person could come
home to say goodbye?

IPLawGuy has had a lot of pets! (I recognize most of them, but not "Bagheera"):
 
I want to honor:
Lionel, Bagheera, Shadow
Fluffy, Dale and Smoke.

And we had one from Christine...:
 
For 30 plus years
One of our loving Labbies
Has kissed me good 'morn.
 
... And another from New Christine!:
 
Tiny Elly, the fierce feline
Recued from the barn floor straw
Tiny still and sublime

Regent of her place
Ten larger dogs and cats quake
At her guile and grace 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#