Friday, May 27, 2022

 

Haiku Friday: Spring

 

I love the change of seasons-- I really do. That's one reason it is great to live in Minnesota, where the new seasons clomp in and announce themselves. Fall comes with color and sweaters and the faint sound of marching bands. Summer's narrator is a band of crickets and birds. Winter here is real winter, with December cold so bracing you hear the house creaking in the absence of wind. 

And then there is Spring.

With such a short growing season, things just burst from the earth, jutting up towards the sun. In just a week or two, the landscape transforms. Fleets of kids on bikes appear, and the creek runs full. Geese and ducks fly high overhead, and sometimes stop in my neighborhood, greeting their friends. 

So let's haiku about Spring. Here, I will go first:

My bike leaps to life
Me? I just kind of hang on
And enjoy the ride.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
Renewal is found
everywhere you look when the
snow melts in springtime

When I was a kid
I had Kangaroo spring shoes
that lifted me up

Now I get a rise
just from flowers that grow up
out of the concrete

Old bones feel the warmth
and hope of spring, another
chance to plant anew





 
Here comes the colors
Look at all the azaleas
Pink; my favorite
 
Put my coat away,
Warm winds blow through the lilacs,
No more frost tonight.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#