Sunday, April 17, 2022

 

Sunday Reflection: Re-Creation at Easter

 

It's Easter, and I am back with my parents and other family, back in the house where I grew up. It's so good to be able to go back to these familiars.
 
It's an unusual place-- the home of a working artist. In the back yard, where he paints, there are usually a few pieces laying around, in the middle of being completed. There are some that seem done, but aren't really. That's because my dad can never really stop. In my own dining room is an abstract that he painted over 60 years ago, probably. Yet sometimes, when he is visiting, he will change something on it-- it's never quite done. I will walk by and see a glisten on a streak of blue, and know that while I was out he made an amendment that in a way makes it something new.
 
So, Jesus....
 
If you accept that God created this world, Jesus is the evidence that he was not done with it, that it is a work in progress. Like that wet daub of blue, Jesus was an addition to what had been created, but one that made it something new.
 
And Easter is when the brushstroke was done. We live in the moments after, wondering how this new color changes the whole, and working that out with love and determination and wonder.

Comments:
OH! Perfect, just perfect. Thank you, Mark.
Bob
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#