Tuesday, April 19, 2022

 

My Covid Story

 

This Spring has been... not-so-great. Most recently, I had covid. I'm better now, but it was kind of rough there for a while.
 
I developed a few symptoms and took an at-home test, which immediately offered up a thick red line showing that I had it. It was a Wednesday morning, April 6. It hit me hard and fast. I had fever, chills, headache, and my bones hurt. 
 
Prior to this, I had feared quarantine because it seemed like it would be so boring. But that wasn't really the issue. All I wanted to do was lie still and be quiet and not move. If I left my bed I started shivering and felt woozy. I stopped eating-- which, for me, is a really bad sign. I just had no desire to have anything to eat. I mostly laid motionless for 48 hours. After that, I slowly started to improve, but it was a slog. I stayed in my room alone for about 8 days straight.
 
It was odd to emerge into a world convinced that the pandemic was over, this surreal contrast between public perception and my own reality. I realize that an anecdote-- my own experience-- is not data. But still, it was jarring.
 
Before getting COVID, I had both shots (of Moderna) and a booster. I'll get the 4th shot. But that is the sickest that I have been in a very long time-- probably ever. 
 
Does anyone else think that maybe the end of covid isn't nigh?
 
At any rate, it is good to be back.

Comments:
Sorry to hear you were so sick — glad you’re feeling better!
 
Good to read you are feeling better. Hopefully no lingering impact or long covid will develop. This virus is a total crap shoot. Got my 2nd booster (in my hip) yesterday. So far no migraine which the arm jab gifted me the 3 prior jabs.
 
Mark, good to know you are on the mend. Sounds like an awful experience. It is such a crapshoot … even while getting vaccinated (we just had our second booster) and trying to use an abundance of caution. It appeared we were on the verge of being good to go last summer, then we had to clamp down again … and now another phase. No clear end in sight. Be well Mark!
 
Wow. That's horrible. My experience was like a mild cold. But It differs.
And no, IT IS NOT OVER
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#