Wednesday, April 06, 2022

 

Kansas!

 

Did I have Kansas winning the Final Four? No. (In fact, I did not correctly pick even ONE team in the Final Four). Have I rooted for Kansas in the past? Also, no. Have I actively rooted against Kansas in every game they have ever played. Yes. But still, I found myself wanting them to win the Championship somehow, and they did.
 
Maybe it was the memory of Josh Zive, one of my favorite Baylor students, arriving for mock trial practice in full Jayhawk regalia (it was something amazing).  Maybe it was the comeback they managed. Maybe it's just that I like UNC even less.
 
At any rate, the Big 12 has now won two championships in a row, which is rare (at least since UCLA's dominance). That brings the league's total (not including two Big 8 wins) up to 4, which matches the all-time total of the Missouri Valley Conference and far behind the ACC and PAC-12, which have 15 each. 
 
It was quite a year for sports-- and it's a long way until fall, when things start back up again in earnest (unless, like IPLawGuy, you are person who goes to a lot of baseball games and fills out a scorecard). 

Comments:
Mark … what ... no mention of the Frozen Four (with two Minnesota teams in contention) in this bleak post Final Four universe???

Don Cherry, Bob and Doug Mckensie, and all tuke wearing hockey fans are outraged. There is a petition afoot demanding that you immediately hand in your skates and all your Red Wings gear… even the classic Gordie Howe # 9 sweater!!!

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#