Sunday, March 06, 2022

 

Sunday Reflection: And now, rest?

 


 It has been a very busy week.

On Monday and Tuesday, I gave three presentations at a fantastic conference on reconciliation at Baylor. I got to connect with many old friends and make some new ones, and enjoy the amazing discussions that Bob Darden and Dr. Mia Moody-Ramirez facilitated. Then I got back to Minnesota, taught for 3.5 hours on Thursday (which is a long time to lecture), and then got up early Friday to give a paper about the Trump clemencies at a conference at William and Mary via Zoom. Right after that, I testified in the MN House on a bill to reform clemency here, then had a meeting with the County Attorney's office about measures to address rising violence in Minneapolis. Then there was a student meeting, a call with an advocacy group's leader about a second-chance sentencing proposal, and then a long call with a pro bono client in prison. Then I kind of collapsed in a heap.
 
Next week is Spring Break... just in time.
 
Bob Darden once told me that I had to practice saying no to things, and he might have a point. But which of those things would I have said no to? And-- and this is important-- how lucky am I to have these be the things that fill up my days? I'm blessed beyond anything I might deserve.

And that matters, too.
 



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#