Wednesday, March 16, 2022

 

It's that time!

 

The NCAA basketball tournaments are some of my favorite annual sports traditions. Do I fill out a bracket? Yes! Do I know what I am doing? Certainly not! 
 
Oddly, the year my bracket did best was the one time I made judgement calls strictly on which team was the better academic institution (I think it must have been a year that Duke, Stanford, and UCLA did well). In subsequent years, that turned out to be a complete bust, so I have turned to actually analyzing the teams, relying on my gut, and guessing.
 
This year's #1 seeds are an interesting bunch: Gonzaga, Kansas, Arizona, and Baylor. Intriguingly, two of the top seeds are small-to-middling private schools not named "Duke," which is a rarity. The Gonzaga story is particularly compelling. Coach Mark Few has made a little Catholic school out West a leader. 
 
Who's your pick to win it all?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#