Wednesday, March 09, 2022

 

A world without Covid will still be shaped by Covid....

 

Sometimes the people who really struggle aren't recognized as struggling. 
 
And that's going to be one legacy of Covid, I think-- that we are going to have a society full of people who have gone through trauma, but who keep it hidden.
 
Here are some other long-term effects I suspect we will see:
 
-- Church attendance will plummet. There is no real audit yet, but I can see the effect that Covid had on many churches. Some people will respond "My church is doing great!" That's good, but I don't think it is typical. This reduction in religious adherence will have some negative affects on the larger society (and, I'm sure, some positive ones).
 
-- Our lives will continue to be more insular. Our instinct to form social groups feels stunted right now, and I don't know if it will fully return.
 
-- Zoom is here forever. Get used to it. Sigh. But at least it is better than the dysfunctional devil child that is Microsoft Meetings. 
 
-- A lot of kids basically lost a year of school. It hit the poorest kids the worst, too. We will see the effects of this for a long, long time.
 
What else do you think will change?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#