Monday, February 21, 2022

 

Olympic Education via Haiku

 The always awesome Jill Scoggins had a fantastic insight into the winter Olympics, and I can't get it out of my head!:
 
The stone looks like a
Roomba and sweeping’s required.
Curling is housework!

Meanwhile, Desiree has been watching:
 
Relay with three rings
of skaters. No baton switch.
Just a good, strong shove!

My dad had two winners! First there was this:
 
Bitter cold bitter
rivalries all forgotten
hugs are remembered.

And then this:
 
Alone at the top
look down at boots do not look
over icy edge.

And there was one from, uh, "Romana Tatanova":
 
So much drama, queens!
The figure skating is both
Awesome and Awful.

And finally, an entry I really loved from CraigA:

Struggling to stay
Awake, Olympic hockey
my love and passion.

Comments:
Happy birthday, Mark! Hoping today -- and the coming year -- are all YOU want them to be!

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#