Wednesday, January 12, 2022

 

Me like chicken

 

 
Here in Minnesota, it is comfort-food season. And for me, the ultimate comfort food, the one that just seems perfect when the snow is swirling outside and I am warm and cozy inside, is a nice plate of roast chicken. Sides, yes please-- spinach and salad and bread, etc.-- but there is something that addresses my primal needs in that chicken.
 
I'm someone who thrives off the change of seasons-- this is a celebration of winter, not a complaint. People who choose to live in a place like Minnesota often love the winter here, and get grumpy if it is a warmer-than-usual year. I went to get new ski boots at a store near me (Hoigaard's), and it was full of happy winter sports enthusiasts getting ready for the heart of the season.  
 
People in Texas, I know, view this with a great deal of skepticism. "Why would you live there?" they ask or "What is wrong with you?" But the truth is that if you are inclined to love it, there is nothing quite like a warm meal on a cold day. 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#