Friday, January 07, 2022

 

Haiku Friday: Things that come in the mail

 


Yesterday, I got a big box in my office-- copies of the second edition of my book from West Publishing. It's always kind of thrilling to see in print (and yes, that's what I was doing last summer). If you count the two editions separately, this is my fourth published book.

 During these pandemic times, some people are pretty dependent on things that come in the mail (packages that can include medicine, Rice Krispies, etc.).  But still there are surprises, and good ones (usually).  Let's haiku about that this week!

 Here, I will go first:

Leaning by my door
Against the wall, awaiting
My eager knife edge.
 
Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun! 

Comments:
Colorful wool dog
jacket, ordered for Christmas,
arrives in July.
 
A new pancreas!
Well, no, not really mailed
Would be interesting.
 
bootleg recordings
on vinyl and then CD
once came in the mail
 
An old friend took time
to send a card this Christmas
meant a lot to me
 
Letters from old friends
Letterwriting, a lost art,
Are always welcome.
 
I have another one, based on recent events:

A letter from Mom
Full of kindness and rich love
Traveled through ice.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#