Sunday, December 19, 2021

 

Sunday Reflection: The Scammers

 A few days ago, I got this truly remarkable email:
 
Hello Dear,I'm Mrs. Sharonda Sheneese Britton I am a US citizen, 41 years, I reside here in Orlando, Florida My residential Address is as follows, 7135 Livingston St, Orlando, FL 32835, Florida, USA, I am thinking of relocating since I am now a wealthy woman I am one of those scam victim that took part in the Compensation Award in United States and Africa many years ago and they refuse to pay me, I have paid over $73,920 to scammers while in the United States just to get my payment all to no avail. So I decided to travel to Europe Italy with all my compensation document and I was directed to contact Barrister Donald Williams who is a member of Compensation Award Committee Program, I contacted him and he explained every details to me He said whoever is contacting me right now is fake that he is the only person assigned to compensate me.He took me to the paying bank for the claim of my Compensation Award Payment right now I'm the happiest woman on this planet earth because I have received my compensation Money of $5,500,000.00 (Five Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) Moreover Barrister Donald Williams showed me the full informations and list of those that are yet to receive their payment and I saw your Name and E-mail address as one of the beneficiaries, this is the reason why I decided to Email you to stop dealing with those scammers, they are not with your money they are only extorting money from you with tricks I will advise you to contact Barrister Donald Williams now for assistance. You have to contact him directly through his private E-mail address which is below.Contact Barrister: Donald Williams
 
So, in short, "Sharonda Britton" wants me to send $380 to someone in the UK to ensure that I am given the money previous scammers took from me. So many red flags!:
 
1) She is from Orlando. Case closed.
2) No American begins a letter to an unknown person with "Hello Dear."
3) Giving out her address? 
4) And, of course, the whole thing.
 
Embedding the scam within an anti-scam warning is remarkable, too.
 
Like a lot of other people, my walls go up when anyone asks for money. Even for legitimate charities, I just have this defensive reaction. On the street, even in Minneapolis on occasion, people will ask for money. I usually look them in the eye, engage them in conversation, but rarely give them money.
 
And maybe I am wrong to do that. In Luke 6:30, Jesus tells us to give to all who ask, after all. I find that so hard. But perhaps it is the hardest things that are the most important.

Comments:
In the spirit of giving... If you are tempted to send her money send it to me instead and I will find some worthy causes to donate on tur behalf.
 
Um, no-- I was definitely not tempted to send her money!
 
I knew better but never hurts to ask 😂
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#