Friday, December 10, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: First Jobs

 


I've worked all of my adult life, but it took a little time for me to figure out what it was I would do. Before then, there were what felt like 12 different first jobs: farm worker, oyster shucker, process server, waiter, flower delivery guy. I took something from each that remains a part of me, though. 

Let's haiku about first jobs this week. Here, I will go first:

Junior janitor
In a middle school, summer
A lot of messes.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
Maintenance at the
tennis courts. Sweeping clay lines
for ladies in skirts.
 
I shoveled snow,
Winter in Minnesota,
Icy tear on cheek.
 
Medievalist-- We are getting 8 inches of that stuff today!
 
Twelve years old watching
children and changing diapers
The pay was quite good
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#