Friday, December 03, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: December

 

December means different things to different people. For some, it is just the end of the year. To others, it is the joy (or pain) of Christmas, or the quiet of Advent, or the lights of Hannukah.  Or, it may be the time of the first snow. 
 
It is a special month, though. So let's haiku about that this week.
 
Here, I will go first:
 
No first snow here yet
That's odd for Minnesota
But these are odd times.
 
Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!

Comments:
the one month when no
matter what happens, I can
look up at my tree
 
December 2021

My stepdaughter has
stage 4 cancer. She was told
she “only has months.”

When did it become
OK for children to die
before their parents?

Who made that a thing?
I wasn’t consulted. It
Isn’t at all fair.

My beautiful, smart,
kind, funny, compassionate
stepdaughter prob’ly

Won’t see the new year.
Who said that was OK? Not
me. Not her father.

We did not get a
vote. We wait and wait, hoping
for a miracle.

I hear Matthew’s verse:
“My God, my God, why hast thou
forsaken me?” WHY?


 
I roll out the dough.
Smells remind me of Grandma.
In this, she’s still here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#