Sunday, November 14, 2021

 

Sunday Reflection: On What Matters

 

Yesterday, I got way into college football. There were great games involving teams I care about: Michigan, Baylor, Minnesota, Wisconsin. I was so happy to see Michigan beat Penn State and Baylor beat Oklahoma.
 
But then a thought occurred to me... I actually have no idea who won those games last year. I wasn't really paying attention last year, I guess, with everything going on. Meanwhile, there is a whole realm of pro soccer that I don't know anything about. Who is in the pro soccer playoffs? I have no idea. In fact, I don't even know if they are going on right now. But to some people, the outcome of those events mean the world. 

People are buried in their favorite Packers sweatshirt. Others, maybe in the same town, aren't totally sure what sport the Packers play.

Many of the things we care about we care about because we chose those things to care about. 

Some things are bigger that those things we chose, because they chose us. Love. God. Grace. 

I'm hoping to learn how to discern the one from the other.
 
 

Comments:
Ozymandias photo reference!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#