Monday, November 01, 2021

 

Bird poems

 There were some great haiku about birds, but it was Jill Scoggins for the win:
 
A card'nal couple
live nearby. I am convinced
they are my parents.

He is bright red and
flits and swoops down. She’s muted,
less active, serene.

That fits. He’s Daddy:
Boisterous fun. She’s Mama:
Calm, in the background.

I’m told cardinals
represent loved ones who have
passed. These two seem so.

When I see them, I
am no longer an orphan.
I feel comfort, love.
 
Though Megan Willome brought it, too (and I love the loaded use of "tweeting"):
 
tiny dinosaurs
munch through my backyard, tweeting,
"We all must evolve."
 
Desiree knows birds (but I didn't know about this way):
 
When a pigeon flies
into your forehead, it makes
a soft little thud.
 
And IPLawGuy knows at least one:
 
Mother Dove builds her nest
On my tool shed shelf each year
Tread light to get shears.
 
While my dad observes the brutal reality of nature!: 
 
His fierce eyes flashing
the baby robin drove his beak
into the earth worm.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#