Friday, October 29, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: Birds

 


So, it's official: birds are now considered the last remaining dinosaurs. Like... not the descendants of dinosaurs, but actual flying dinosaurs. Which is pretty incredible.
 
Of course, they are pretty interesting anyways-- and they are everywhere. We all have experiences with birds, whether it is a majestic eagle overhead or a pigeon grabbing your sandwich. Let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:
 
Little mouse-birdie
Through open window he flew 
Now he looks at me.
 
And now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern and have some fun!


Comments:
His fierce eyes flashing
the baby robin drove his beak
into the earth worm
 
Mother Dove builds her nest
On my tool shed shelf each year
Tread light to get shears
 
When a pigeon flies
into your forehead, it makes
a soft little thud.
 
tiny dinosaurs
munch through my backyard, tweeting,
"We all must evolve."
 
A card'nal couple
live nearby. I am convinced
they are my parents.

He is bright red and
flits and swoops down. She’s muted,
less active, serene.

That fits. He’s Daddy:
Boisterous fun. She’s Mama:
Calm, in the background.

I’m told cardinals
represent loved ones who have
passed. These two seem so.

When I see them, I
am no longer an orphan.
I feel comfort, love.

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#