Friday, August 20, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: The End of Summer

 


From the time we are kids, we learn that the end of summer is bittersweet. The unstructured days are about to become regimented; focus will have to return. But, for these few weeks, we have a bit of freedom left.
 
Let's haiku about all that goes with that this week. Here, I will go first:
 
"Back to School Sale" signs
Always depressed my brother
 As dusk came sooner.
 
Now it is your turn! Use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun....

Comments:
summer by myself
Never fit in, not good at sports
School gave me a chance
 
I wanted one last
Swim, before they closed the pool
Cherished the water.
 
Central Texas heat,
Until end of October,
Summer lasts and lasts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#