Friday, August 27, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: The colors of summer

 


Yeah, I know-- I am kind of hung up on summer just as it is ending. But this week I want to haiku about the colors of summer. Green? Sure. But that color is a multitude, and not the only one. There is the blue of the lakes and the sky, the golden sun and sand, and the white moon shining in a black night.

Here, I will go first:

I sink my fingers
Into rich dark earth, thick with
Brown tendrils. Life, that.

Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable pattern, and have some fun!


Comments:
Yellow corn blue sky
burnt umber grass red sunburn
my summer colors
 
Sitting in the heat
Drinking a cold beer, talking
and laughing with friends
 
As summer passes
My gardens palette shifts
To yellow and gold
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#