Thursday, July 22, 2021

 

Olympic Mayhem Thursday

 


Today we finally get the opening ceremonies for the 2020 (ahem) Olympics! I know, I know-- having them is probably a bad idea, and the Japanese hosts seem to realize that (at least the citizens do). But I'm having trouble resisting my normal excitement.

I'm not sure what the opening ceremonies will be, actually. And it seems like the games have already begun, since the US Women's Soccer Team was thumped by Sweden 3-0 already. But there are some pretty high standards to meet.

My favorite opening/closing ceremonies were features of the 2012 Summer Games in London. Yes, there was a Spice Girls reunion, but also slices of all kinds of British culture. And the Queen and her corgies. I can't stand royalty (I'm an American), but the dogs are cute.

What are you looking forward to at these games?





Comments:
Scariest opening ceremonies were the Beijing drummers.

I can't wait to see the women's gymnastics (of course), and the equestrian events (cool for many reasons, not the least of which is that men and women compete together). But the most underrated event, and one that you'll never see on TV is men's field hockey. I got to see it at the Atlanta Olympics and it was impressive!
 
Well Swimming starts on Saturday. There is a GP girl swimming and she is the daughter of one of my high school classmates. And Bobby Finke from my swim club in Florida is competing in the 800 and 1500 Free events.

Love diving, Gymnastics, archery, Modern pentathlon. Curious about Olympic Surfing and what is team handball. Really, I love it all.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#