Friday, July 09, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: The most interesting city in your state

 


For reasons I can't quite remember, I was doing some research yesterday on Green Bay, Wisconsin. It's a fascinating place, and one of the oldest European cities in the US. It was established by the French in 1638-- 80 years before the founding of New Orleans. 
 
But every state has interesting places. Let's haiku about that this week! Here, I will go first:
 
Minneapolis
You've had quite a year, old town
And now... what comes next?
 
Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula, and have some fun... 

Comments:
Flat piece of land next
to a fast moving river
Detroit still sparkles

 
Midwest AND southern.
Blue Ville in red state sea. My
New Kentucky Home.

 
In Minnesota
Minneapolis/St. Paul
Lovely Twin Cities
 
Afton, Wyo: Trucks
Drag main 'neath twined elk horns while
Grand spring intermits
 
So many to choose
Latent racists and wealth gaps
Preppy elitists
 
Hey, J. Linford-- are you related to Velma Linford?
 
Yes, Velma Linford is my great-aunt. Did you know her?
 
No-- but was driving through Wyoming recently and came across the name for some reason. Then I looked her up... she did a lot of impressive stuff!
 
Velma was smart, fearless, and independent. I owe her a lot. When I was five years old, and struggling to articulate why I thought life on the ranch was not for me, she said, “My boy, you’ll go to college and earn a degree!” The whole world opened for me.
 
Just down the road
Roots in the Revolution
Hillsborough, eN Cee
 
Hermit - Silas Dent,
A small beach community
The fountain of youth

 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#