Friday, July 30, 2021

 

Haiku Friday: Bugs

 

For some reason, the house is full of flies. How did they get in? No one knows! (actually, they do-- I leave the door open a lot). 
 
Mid-summer is peak bug season, the time for mosquitos and mayflies and spiders and dragonflies and all of the other insects and arachnids that make this season more interesting.  Personally, I love watching the way bees crazily flit from one flower to another, getting fatter and fuzzier as the summer goes on. 
 
So let's haiku about these fellow inhabitants of our world. Here, I will go first:
 
Dragonfly, welcome
Please do that thing that you do:
Gobble up mosquitos!
 
Now it is your turn! Just use the 5/7/5 syllable formula and have some fun!

Comments:
I have never seen
a bug enter our house they
come uninvited
 
I like ants 'cause they
relentlessly work to please
their queen, just like me
 
Lucrative world of
butterfly ecology.
That's what hubby says.

But it was the best
animal to study with
three kids alongside.

The kids are now grown,
can ID monarchs, sulphurs,
tiger swallowtails.

They told me giraffes
would have been cooler; they're wrong.
Bugs are magical.

 
Lurid world of bugs
What are those bottleflies doing?
They can as they fly?
 
The Praying Mantis
at summers end eats it mate
fascinating bug

 
Spiders are nasty,
I know they eat other bugs,
But cobwebs bug me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#