Tuesday, June 15, 2021

 

Teachers

 


That's me with my 6th-grade teacher, David King. I met up with him in Arizona a few years ago when I was giving a talk there.

He was a fantastic teacher, and one of the people I thought of when I decided to become a teacher. As I have recounted before, I was a problematic student sometimes. But he was patient and kind, and I try to replicate that when tested (I fail sometimes).

My mom recently dug up a cache of my homework from grade school, and it is surprising how mediocre most of it is! I had a way of running out the clock on writing assignments of a certain length by using very long numbers ("Mr. Roberts had 34983759834737927579275792472938 clocks, and always knew what time it was" or "His name was Bob, but everyone called him Broaljgnkkdjgkamroiapoiifnj." It sounds like I was, uh, lazy. 

My grades for "citizenship" were especially bad. I'm not sure why, but I have some hunches...


Comments:
They graded us on citizenship?
 
In the early grades….
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#