Monday, May 31, 2021

 

On Taking Risks

 That worked well! Check out the haiku we got:

Jill Scoggins had a multi-layered piece that quotes Jerry Jeff Walker and is all-around awesome:

My book on birthdays
says I was born on “The Day
of the Great Leap.” True.

Like Jerry Jeff sings,
“When a Texan fancies he'll 
take chances, chances

will be taken. That’s
for sure.” I have taken mine.
I feel no regrets.

Mostly good, sometimes
hard lessons learned. In the end,
all were valuable.

Weigh risks, benefits.
Decide. Just make sure the juice
is worth the squeeze, y'all. 

While Gavin told us how he met his wife:

Hi. My name’s Gavin. 
I noticed your Bison shorts. 
You go to school there?

IPLawGuy was introspective:

As I grow older
My mind becomes more open
But my physique ages.

Christine had a great description:

Go ahead, ask them
You've got nothing to lose, sweat,
Heart beats rapidly.

And the Medievalist painted a picture that is easy to imagine:

Standing on high board,
Never had jumped before.

Well, here goes nothing!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

#